ORLANDO, Fla. Update
- The latest on Tropical Storm Idalia.
Hurricane & Storm Watches
- Hurricane watch for Sumter. Tropical storm watch for Lake and Polk counties.
Idalia's Expected Path
- Category 3 hurricane by Tuesday afternoon. Potential landfall from Tampa Bay to Big Bend.
Central Florida's Impact
- Effects noticeable as early as Tuesday morning.
Wind Gusts Forecast
- Tropical storm-force winds in Polk, Sumter, and Lake counties by Tuesday night.
Central Florida Winds
- Most areas could experience tropical storm-force winds by 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Marion County Alert
- Hurricane force-winds possible by Wednesday at 6 a.m.
- Greater impacts if Idalia moves eastward. Lesser impacts if it shifts westward.
- Up to 4 inches in Sumter and Lake. 2-4 inches possible in far western Orange County.
Central Florida Rainfall
- 1-3 inches expected in multiple counties including Orange, Seminole, and Volusia.
- Rain chances: 70% Monday, 90% Tuesday-Wednesday, 80% Thursday. Highs in upper 80s to low 90s.
Hurricane Season Reminder
- The season continues through November. Stay prepared and informed.
Read More News
Link Click Here